If you are a homeless family with minor children, or at risk of losing your housing, please dial: (321)-209- 3391 and leave a detailed message regarding your location, family composition, and your best contact information. This number is our referral line. After receiving your initial call, we will call you back from an office line.
We return calls Sunday-Friday, 9 am-4:30 pm. If afterhours and not an emergency, leave a message and we will return your call within two business days. If afterhours and it is an emergency, contact 211 for help.
Our Hand Up Program
The best time to stop homelessness is BEFORE it happens. HAND UP is a homeless prevention and diversion program designed to coordinate a single point of entry for front-end homeless prevention. We work with at-risk households before they become homeless. Implemented in January 2017, in collaboration with the Sharing Center of Central Brevard and the Brevard Homeless Coalition, this program helps change the future of at-risk families forever.
Eligible households can receive:
- VI and Full SPDAT assessments for referral to Coordinated Entry System
- Homeless shelter diversion
- Homeless Prevention funds for eviction prevention and utility assistance through HUMI and TANF (families)
- Rapid-Rehousing funds for deposit move-in assistance through HUMI (families)
- In-person or telephonic budgeting assistance
- Evidence-based case management
- Landlord advocacy
- Resource linkage with community partners