If you are a homeless family with minor children, or at risk of losing your housing, please dial 211 on your phone, or text your ZIP code to 898211 to be connected to a helpline specialist. Family Promise of Brevard has partnered with 211 Brevard to provide a streamlined process for referrals. Once a family is determined to meet initial eligibility, a staff member will make contact with the family to set an interview and explore next steps. Family Promise of Brevard is unable accept walk-in referrals at any of its locations.
Our Hand Up Program
The best time to stop homelessness is BEFORE it happens. HAND UP is a homeless prevention and diversion program designed to coordinate a single point of entry for front-end homeless prevention. We work with at-risk households before they become homeless. Implemented in January 2017, in collaboration with the Sharing Center of Central Brevard and the Brevard Homeless Coalition, this program helps change the future of at-risk families forever.
Eligible households can receive:
- VI and Full SPDAT assessments for referral to Coordinated Entry System
- Homeless shelter diversion
- Homeless Prevention funds for eviction prevention and utility assistance through HUMI and TANF (families)
- Rapid-Rehousing funds for deposit move-in assistance through HUMI (families)
- In-person or telephonic budgeting assistance
- Evidence-based case management
- Landlord advocacy
- Resource linkage with community partners